Thursday, July 15, 2010

Driveway, check!

One huge part of our infinite to-do list on this property is complete. There is now a driveway in place. Vehicles can drive to all three of the building sites. This is very exciting to me, because I can now take friends and family up to where Trip and I will eventually build a house without a strenuous uphill hike.


Next on the to-do list is the shed being built at our garden site. The views are phenomenal from this spot, but there isn't a shady place to enjoy them from. Because of this, the shed will also have a porch to sit and rest on. I plan to spend a lot of time rocking on the porch while everyone else works in the garden. I'm kidding (mostly).

There are a couple garden beds in front of the shed that Barbara has already planted vegetables in. We've got asparagus and tomatoes growing, among other things. The plan is to build many more beds like this throughout the garden site.

The vineyard will be on one side of the garden. It is hard to see in the picture below, but there are grapes planted where the orange flags are.

The apple orchard will be on the other side. Here is one of several of the apple trees that have been planted.
Trip noticed that we already have neighbors. Check out how big these bear tracks are!

And finally, here is a photo of all the Kinnaird men taking a scenic tour of the property on the Kubota. What a motley bunch!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!!! So glad you gave info about the blog on your blog. John nor Barbara have not mentioned it to me. I think they are afraid I'll never come visit if I see the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,
    That is a reasonable fear as you can see from those pictures! I'm scared no one will visit us either. But it is really beautiful up there, so the uphill driveway is worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete